Sunday 10 August 2014

Small bust adjustment - part 3

After the recent Sew Dolly Clackett dress, it's time for the 3rd instalment of the SBA tutorials series. This part will deal with a SBA on a princess seamed top or dress. This is probably the easiest adjustment compared to Part 1 and Part 2, so enjoy the simplicity!

First thing first, I know that some find princess seams a pain to sew. Having sewn quite a lot of princess seams (my wedding dress had such construction), I have found that the a smooth finish can be achieved by following this tutorial

Now this little tip is out of the way, let's get started with the tutorial. 

I say that princess seams are super easy to adjust, because all you need to do is to "shave off" some of the excess curve. Normally I take the piece with the outside curve, i.e. the side front (I'm using the By Hand London Elisalex pattern here), and simply smooth out the curve around the bust area. 

I'm demonstrating this here using the pink highlighter:

A close up:

I use the French curve for this, but this can also be achieved free hand. 

The next step is to cut off the excess following the pink line, and then you are good to go!  

Note that I often find that the pattern piece with the outside curve (side front in this case) is prone to stretching, and end up being longer than the inside curve piece (centre front in this case), so "smoothing out" the curve actually helps with this problem. 

I should add the usual caveat now that as with the other 2 parts, this is simply what I do to adjust for a smaller than B cup bust, rather than the "right" way. It works for me, and I hope it does work for you too :)

As always, any questions please ask, and I'll do my best to answer. 

15 comments:

  1. The passed hors d'oeuvres at Banquet Halls which were wonderful. The bar service was delightful, something that's rare with an open bar. Their manager was helpful and accommodating without being pushy or obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thanks for all your SBA tutorials - very helpful! Do you have any advice on how to tackle an SBA for a bias cut top which only has one dart - an armscye dart? Any help appreciated!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die Technologie entwickelt sich schneller denn je und schneller als Sie denken. Diese aufkommende Technologie wird unsere Lebensweise verändern

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of the most important pieces of information for me. Thanks a lot for posting.. Getting a visa for Turkey online is easy and fast. Within 5 to 10 minutes you can fill your visa application form turkey. You can pay the visa cost Turkey after filling the form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read this, thank you... Getting an India business visa is easy. You can apply for an India business visa via the Indian visa website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb articles, I was surprised after reading this article.
    Hey travelers, Do you know about the Azerbaijan entry restrictions ? If you are thinking about visiting Azerbaijan, you should definitely know about the travel restrictions to Azerbaijan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your blog and found many interesting metrics in this material. Thanks for sharing it on the Internet. Citizens of the US who are willing to visit Turkey and want a Turkish visa USA can apply for it, which is a totally online process. Fill the application form, make payment & receive it in email. As simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is some great contect you have on your page. Your audience will enjoy reading it. It is very easy to apply for a Turkish visa online from anywhere in the world. The application process is fast and hassle-free, which saves both money and time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Leave a comment before you go ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...